Sunday, June 20, 2010

Back to Reality.....

Tomorrow is going to be my official "Back to Reality" day. I am itching to get back into a routine of some sort and I am praying for an easy transition. The kids have been rather wild for 2 months or so now because at the end of my pregnancy with Emily, I was exhausted to say the least. My house is now pretty overcome with mess and I have been on the couch with Emily since we came home from the hospital last week. I woke up this morning with a horrible backache that radiates through my shoulder blades and into my chest. Emily slept well last night( actually she slept from 1 am or so until 8 am) but James slept on the loveseat. He slept on the loveseat until he decided to join me and Emily on the couch. Keep in mind, I am 5'7, with a 20 inch newborn, and a 6 year old little boy, who isn't short by any means; Imagine trying to get a good nights sleep in that situation :-). NOT going to happen. James was suffering from a sore throat, so since he has been my baby for 6 years, I still had to coddle him instead of letting my beloved take him to bed with him. Which, yes, that would have been more comfortable. We have a king size bed and James and Cameron can both sleep well on it. But my motherly instincts kick in anytime any of my kids are sick, no matter how old they are. So I am tired today. I am hoping to be back in my bed tonight. I am setting up Emily's playpen beside my bed and I am going to slink back into my comfortable sleeping spot next to my beloved. Speaking of sleeping, my Emily is waking up, so I've gotta go.

Blessings~
Maudie

No comments:

Post a Comment